7th ALPS Developer Workshop, July 1st and 2nd, IRRMA - EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
The next ALPS developer workshop will be held on Saturday and Sunday, July 1st and 2nd, on the campus of the EPF Lausanne, Switzerland (http://www.epfl.ch).
You can reach the EPFL Campus by the Metro line m1 which runs from Lausanne Flon to Renens CFF. The metro station Lausanne Flon can be reached from Lausanne main station by taking the "Métrobus" uphill to Flon.
The meeting room is CO 120, only 2-3 minutes on foot from the EPFL metro station "EPFL".
I will try to post some direction signs, although it is fairly easy to find the room.
Here is a link to an interactive map of EPFL, zoomed on the meeting room: [interactive EPFL map]
And here is an annotated picture showing the metro station and the meeting room.
The doors to the building CO will be open during the day, so you can join us even if you are arriving late on saturday.
The restaurants on the EPFL campus will be closed on the weekend, so we will have lunch in the restaurant of the nearby
university on saturday,
and in the nearby town of St. Sulpice on sunday. Prepare for a 10-15 min walk on both days.
Travel to Lausanne
Lausanne is well connected to the national and international railway system. Timetables can be found on: http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm
Lausanne is only a 40 minutes train ride away from Geneva International Airport, or alternatively at 2 hours 30 min from Zurich International Airport
Here is a selection of not so expensive hotels in Lausanne (night in a single room < 100 CHF [60-70 euros]).
In some cases the EPFL has negociated reduced prices for visitors, in which case our secretary could make the reservation.
- Motel Les Pierrettes (close to the EPFL)
single room 100 CHF per night
double room 140 CHF per night
- Jeunotel, an above average youth hostel, lies half way between the EPFL campus and "downtown" Lausanne, 
single room 78 CHF per night
double room 98 CHF per night
For larger room prices might be even lower.
The full list of hotels with EPFL contracts can be found here: 
There is no participation fee for now, however the lodging and food expenses have to be covered by the participants.
Arrival of the participants. Common dinner or beer if there is some interest.
Soccer World Cup is possibly also on the agenda...
09:30-13:00 Developer Workshop
13:00-14:30 Lunch Break
14:30-1700 Developer Workshop
19:00 Dinner at the Café de l'Evêché
09:00-13:00 Developer Workshop
13:00-14:30 Lunch Break
14:30-open end Developer Workshop
The schedule is tentative at present.
Topics to be discussed (open list)
- last ALPS release before ALPS 2.0
- features in this release
- documentation and tutorials
- first plans for ALPS 2.0
Andreas Läuchli, IRRMA-EPFL, 
Participants (as of 30/06/2006)
- Fabricio Pereira Albuquerque Anderson (ETH Zürich)
- Philippe Corboz (ETH Zürich)
- Sebastian Fuchs (Universität Göttingen)
- Siegfried Guertler (University of Hong Kong)
- Emanuel Gull (ETH Zürich)
- Andreas Honecker (Universität Göttingen)
- Ryo Igarashi (University of Tokyo)
- Andreas Läuchli (IRRMA - EPF Lausanne)
- Munehisa Matsumoto (ETH Zürich)
- Reinhard Noack (Universität Marburg)
- Lode Pollet (ETH Zürich)
- Ioannis Rousochatzakis (EPF Lausanne)
- Matthias Troyer (ETH Zürich)
- Stefan Wessel (Universität Stuttgart)