Notes of the Moorea Workshop
- Morning Session: Introduction & Petaflop challenges
- Afternoon: Quantum Monte Carlo
- Morning Session: DMRG
- Afternoon Session: ED & Series Expansion
- Morning Session: Tensor network states
- Afternoon Session: Excursion
- Morning Session: Provenance
- Afternoon Session: DMFT
- Morning Session: Applications
- Afternoon: Report writing
The subversion repository for the review is available at
If you already have an ALPS Subversion repository account, you can continue using this username/password. Otherwise, go to [https://alps.comp-phys.org/static/svn_passwd.py] and follow instructions there. If any problems occur with the repository, contact me at email@example.com. A short description of what Subversion does can be found at ALPS_subversion_for_dummies.
The outline of the review and the assignment of section authors is as follows:
1. Introduction 1.1 Stuff we didn't discuss 2. Methods 2.1 ED (Didier & Andreas) 2.2 Series (Rajiv & Simon) 2.3 DMRG & MPS (Adrien & Ian & Uli) 2.4 Higher-Dimensional Tensor Network States (Guifre, Tomotoshi, Valentin, Bela) 2.5 Monte Carlo Methods: World Line QMC (Matthias, Synge, Boris) 2.6 VMC (Fredrico?) 2.7 Fermionic QMC (Matthias, Thomas, Boris) 2.8 Extended Ensembles 2.X DMFT (Emanuel) 2.9 Data analysis (Synge, Kolya, Matthias) -> techniques for 2nd order transitions (Synge) -> advanced methods (Kolya) 3. Provenance 3.1 Introduction (Claudio & Juliana) 3.X Provenance for quantum simulations 4. Application challenges at the petascale (Birgitta) 5. The Next Generation Of Quantum Simulations
What do we want to write? Review the reviews. - Short introduction: basic idea (entanglement, tensor network) - Various methods: PEPS, MERA, TPS, TERG, ... - Which models can be studied? Limitations of the method? (state of the art) - Scaling on big machines - Which hardware is recommended?
Sunday, May 3rd
Monday, May 4th
Tuesday, May 5th
Wednesday, May 6th
Thursday, May 7th
If you want to add pictures to this site, there are two choices:
- If you have just a few pictures, you can create a wiki account for yourself and upload them.
- If you'd like to upload many pictures, you can send them to me by email and I can use an automated upload feature that is only available to administrators.