News in 2010
News in 2007
News in 2006
News in 2005
- April 17-19: The 5th ALPS developer's workshop takes place in Aachen.
- March 7: Invited talk on the ALPS project by Simon Trebst at the 2005 Spring Meeting of the German Physical Society , Berlin
News in 2004
- November 23: Grzegorz Pawlowski prepared a special "live-CD" Linux distribution with ALPS pre-installed. cdALPS is a modified ClusterKnoppix, distribution ready to use on clusters and single workstations.
- November 18: Release of version 1.2.2 of the ALPS applications and libraries implementing suggestions of the Lugano workshop:
- Support for frustrated spin and boson systems in the quantum Monte Carlo applications
- Added an evaluation program to the fulldiag application, allowing to make plots for the whole range of temperatures and fields after a single run of the fulldiag program.
- Added an extended ensemble QMC program, implementing the quantum version of the Wang-Landau algorithm for Heisenberg spin systems
- Added support for spins of different size to the classical Monte Carlo program
- October 18: publication of the ALPS paper.
- September 26 - October 1: First ALPS User Workshop was held in Lugano (Switzerland).
- March 23: Invited talk on the ALPS project by Simon Trebst at the 2004 APS March meeting, Montreal
- March 21: Release of version 1.0 of the ALPS applications and libraries