Definition of lattices
How to specify lattices (graphs) within the ALPS-framework?
In this HOWTO we explain how lattices and graphs are specified within the ALPS-framework. In simulations for lattice models, it is then convenient to specify the lattice used for the simulation in an input file.
We explain the following issues:
- How to specify a simple graph in terms of vertices and edges
- How to specify lattices and unit cells
- How to specify graphs corresponding to a lattice with a unit cell
- How to create a library of lattices and graphs
- How to check a graph generated from a lattice definition
Existing lattices (graphs) in the ALPS Lattice library
Most common lattices (graphs) at a glance
Entire archive of lattices (graphs)
The entire archive of the ALPS Lattice library can be found in the XML file <lib/xml/lattices.xml>.